Every successful marriage is built on a solid foundation, and that solid foundation for me is prayers. Marriage was the very first institution created by God himself, so it only makes sense to go back to the creator so as to make it work.
Call me cliché or old fashioned, but this is the truth. I believe that no one gets married with the intention of breaking up at some point , we all get married to stay married, but as you know every good or great thing comes with its own challenges.
Proverbs 14vs 1says, for a wise woman builds her home but the foolish destroys hers. It takes a great deal of patience and understanding to build a home and none of these is possible without prayers.
Am a strong believer in the power of prayers, as you know I am a Christian and my religion teaches me to have a deep relationship with God through the place of prayer.
WHY DO YOU NEED PRAYERS IN MARRIAGE?
First off I believe that praying to God about your life and the kind of person you want to spend the rest of your life with should be the beginning of a great marriage, this is so that you get that person that is right for you and with whom you share the same believes and understanding in God.
You need prayers in marriage to help you get the wisdom and guidance that you need to build your home.
There is a certain peace and calmness that you get after you pray, and this is exactly what you need in your home when things aren’t going well, when hubby or wifey turns to a completely different person from the one you married, when challenges of childbirth comes your way or when life gives you curves instead of straight lines.
You need prayers to strengthen the bond in your home, you need prayers to stay together, as they say, a family that prays together stays together!
Am a proof of what prayers can do. You know those times when it all seems lost, and you wonder how did I end up here ? When you ask yourself why me? When it seems like you aren’t doing enough when you are really giving it all you’ve got? That’s why you need prayers to bring your home divine intervention, peace, joy that knows no bounds and of cos wholeness.
HOW TO PRAY IN MARRIAGE
1) Pray without season or reason, don’t wait for a problem to come before you remember God, often times we only tend to remember the power of prayers when there is a challenge in front of us.
2) Pray as a couple, try to make this a tradition in your home, as this will help build your kids up in prayers too. I know it could be hard with work and all that we have to do, but create the time, maybe on weekends to come together and pray, it will amaze you at the bond that this creates
3) Even when you partner isn’t up to it, you pray for the family, the more you do this, and you encourage your partner to join you.
4) Learn to just hold hands at random and say a few words of prayer, it could just be Thanksgiving nothing too serious, hold their hands and say you are thankful to God for bring you their way, these kind of pattern creates a deep love in the heart of your partner.
5) Pray even when it seems like your prayers are not been answered, so that when you finally get the answers you will be more empowered to keep the prayer lantern on.
Remember that nothing good comes easy, so it might not be easy to pray all the time but trust me when I say that once you are able to create that bond through prayers, there is hardly any challenge you would face that will crumble you, as you will always know that God has a great plan for you and your home
If God created marriage for wholeness, love and happiness, then it therefore means that any marriage that isn’t bearing the original fruits as designed by God the creator needs to seek his face to make it work.
Be woman of prayer, pray for everything and anything as it concerns your home, and even when it will seem like the prayers aren’t working, don’t stop praying, instead ask for the grace to pray according to his will.
We often tend to pray about what we want and not what is according to His will, which is why we think that our prayers aren’t answered, whereas God has a better, greater and larger plan for you than you can imagine.
Ok this has been a lengthy post, I will stop here, feel free to drop me your questions, comments or suggestions in the comments section. Xoxo