Having kids a such a blessing that you cant find words to describe, raising them right is a whole job that requires you to be constantly asking yourself if you are doing it right, its safe to say that raising kids is never easy and more so raising a confident one.
Having a confident child is so important these days where bullying and self esteem issues has become more prominent, all over we see reasons why we are supposed to question our looks, our thoughts , beliefs and beauty, the media industry has made it worse with their portray of certain things as standards and if as adults we still always have to work on our confidence and remind ourselves everyday things that matter, imagine how kids feel when they go to school or play groups and start to question things about them? Basically the key to having them confident outside is to start from the home, so today i will be sharing Tips that will help you raise your kids to be confident
First thing i will like to clear is that there is a Big difference between Confidence and full of ones self and we must be able to tell them apart to enable us instill the right one into our kids
Confidence is the ability to trust yourself enough to face anything and any one and if stems from a place of love, when you love yourself its easy to withstand any form of external pressure, which means that the first thing you will need to teach your child is self love.
Being full of yourself on the other hand isnt confidence but rather an arrogant display of pride and looking down on every one believing that you are better, so with that said, lets gets into the tips already
5 TIPS TO RAISING NA CONFIDENT CHILD
- The first step to raising a confident kid is to work on your own confidence as a person, kids copy a lot of what we do rather than what we say, so make sure your are a good and clear example , this will go a long way to help your child/children . The words you say to yourself, the manner in which you carry yourself are all learning tips for your kid, you will understand this well once your kids start playing dress up or even acting like you or your partner during play time.
- By constant words of Affirmation, kids do a very good job of repeating a lot of what you say especially at the toddler stage, so the words you use on and for them can either build them to have trust in themselves or otherwise. Make it a duty to speak positive words to them, praise them when they do something right, use words to show them how good they are , words are seeds so plant good ones, use words like ‘ good girl , you can do anything you put your mind to” .
- Observe their strength and weakness, help them improve on their weakness by finding easier and creative ways for them, never use their area of weakness against them or speak down on them because of it.
- Make corrections with love rather than anger, the manner you use in correcting them will either make them feel good enough to try it again or completely loose trust in themselves and never try again. Never compare your kids to another, comparison is a deadly tool, all kids are different and unique in their own ways and comparing only means you are saying one is better than the other rather than all are perfect in their own ways.
- Above all, as parents we must understand that kids are blessings from God and only the maker of a machine knows it best and can give the best recommendations on how to take care of it, so make sure you always go back to God for wisdom on how to raise them.
These are the tips i use in raising my kids and of course am sharing them with you all as the goal of this blog is to be a resource place for mums using my own experience as a mother. I hope you found these tips helpful , please let me know in the comment section which of these tips you use or other tips you are using , see you all in my next post , Xoxo