Happy New Year to all of you my blog readers and blog visitors!! Finally 2020 has come and gone, it was such a Year, but guess what it didn’t break us , instead it made us stronger and better prepared , which is why in todays post, the very first post of the year i will be sharing lessons we learnt from the year 2020, plus ways we can help make 2021 a better year. Do you have new year resolutions? Are you afraid of how this year will turn out because of trauma from 2020? Then worry no more as this post is all you need to start the year right and end it beautifully.
With everything that happened in the year 2020, its safe to say congratulations to all of us who made it out, in all my life i have never seen or experienced a year as turbulent as 2020, and to think that it actually started well and then took the whole world by surprise is to say the least.
Today i will be sharing the major lessons i took away from 2020 and how that has shaped my thinking and helped me focus more on things that truly matter which will in turn guarantee me and of course you all a very productive 2021. Everyone had goals that they set for themselves last year and we all set those goals based on how we know things work, but instead the year gave us all what we could never have thought of neither could we have imagined , it made one thing very clear and that was the fact that nothing is guaranteed.
- I believe for ma and a lot of other people , the biggest lesson of 2020 was that nothing is guaranteed, nothing in this life is so sure , anything can change or be gone in an instant, this was very clear and evident with the outbreak of the covid-19 that took the whole world by surprise and is still a part of our lives right now, no one could have imagined a surge or such an outbreak that forced everyone and i mean everyone, rich or poor, employed or unemployed to sit at home or face the risk of death by the deadly virus, nothing is so sure that can never change.
- The presence of an Omnipotent Force (GOD) , If there has ever been a time when the world had to acknowledge the presence of a supernatural force or being, i believe its in 2020, the entire world sought peace and clarity that science and technology couldn’t give, it was clear that there was a higher force and one which we all should acknowledge and surrender our lives to, 2020 saw doctors , nurses, governors, and even Presidents of powerful nations seek the help of God.
- The importance of family, we all know that family is important and vital to human existence, but in the pursuit of day to day life and success we often take family for granted, we unconsciously believe that they will always be there and never set out time to make them feel loved and show them love, we say we are working for them but truly all they need the most is our attention above all material things. When the lockdown happened, people where forced to take out time to really enjoy family time, the search for fun activities to do with family became one of the most sought after things, people began to realize just how much we had lived away from what really matters and the lockdown helped to strengthen family bonds.
- The need for multiple sources if income, i feel like this is what hit most people the most, because at the beginning of the lockdown in 2020, no one thought it will get to the point of people loosing jobs , receiving short pay or even finding it difficult to feed their families, and for those that were only salary earners, this period showed them just how much it matters to have not just one but multiple sources of income .
- 2020 taught us to take advantage of every opportunity we come across, i personally feel like we learnt to stop procrastinating, because, for everything we set aside to do at another time in the year we needed up not been able to do them and it made it very obvious how much time we think we have but don’t really have, i have learnt to live each day to its fullest and do what i must while i still have the time and chance to do so.
- The importance of entertainment, oh i cant even stress this enough, 2020 made us all appreciate entertainment, a lot of people even discovered the entertaining skills they have but never took note of, its so easy to work everyday and not take out time to enjoy yourself, but once you are forced to stay indoors with very limited access to physical gatherings you start to find ways to keep yourself and those around you entertained. The app Tiktok grew tremendously during the lockdown as so many people started to look for ways to stay entertained.
- Importance of social media and internet, before 2020 , i believe everyone knew that social media and the internet was important, but the level of importance wasn’t as visible as it was to all in 2020, like people relied on that to keep in touch, do businesses, carry on with work and even plan and execute functions all on the internet! Imagine holding a wedding on the internet and having all your guest sit in their various houses and yet be a part of your memorable moment.
- Save, save and save, living life on a fast lane as it comes isn’t the way to live, it pays to have savings!, and 2020 proved that to us, a lot of people who have savings didn’t feel the heat as much as does who didn’t, because as jobs began ot go and pay was low or completely off, people resulted to selling of their properties or begging, so i will say that one of the biggest lesson for 2020 is learning how to save for raining days.
These are the top lessons that 2020 taught me and basically its from these that i have planned and mapped out how to make 2021 a better and more productive year.
HOW TO MAKE 2021 A PRODUCTIVE YEAR
With everything 2020 as showed us , its very clear that we can now move into this year setting our goals differently knowing that anything is possible, and even though we are still living in fear of the virus we are sort of prepared for whatever may come our way.
One sure way to make this year a much productive one is first to acknowledge that there is God and then surrender all to him , knowing that only through salvation can we have peace and move forward in faith. There is God, he exist and has time over time proved himself to us , and personally i believe that when we give it all to him and walk in faith we have already done 50% of the needed work.
Another sure way to make 2021 productive is to work while you can, seize every opportuning that comes your way putting at the back of your mind that tomorrow isn’t sure or guaranteed, do what you can while you still have the chance to, stop procrastination, it never gets things doesn’t, it only makes us lazy and trust me you are as strong as you push yourself to be.
Use the power of the internet at your disposal, lot of time we only use the internet and social media as a means of communication, but the truth is that its more than just that, there are so many tools readily at your disposal on your phone, laptops, social media pages and the internet as a whole, learn them , expand your knowledge and use it to your own advantage.
Invest in a skill, 2020 made us realize that no job is a guarantee for good life, that perfect job today can be gone tomorrow and then what will you do, go ahead and invest in a skill that will be beneficial to a lot of people, a skill take can fetch you money and also give you the satisfactions that comes from working.
Save your money rather than live life to impress others, save for your family, save for raining days cos trust me it will rain and if you already have the habit of saving you will find it easy to access funds to invest into business and opportunities once they com knocking, that way you are sure that 2021 will be taken care of in terms of finances.
These are they ways i and my family are going to be ensuring a very productive 2021, and if you follow these too, it will work for you and from me to you am wishing you the very best of 2021 and i know that its going to be a very great year for us all, feel free to tell me the lessons you learnt in 2020 and how you plan to have a better 2021 and of course which of these lessons i shared above you learnt too in the comment section, thank you for sticking with me and i promise its going to be a very beautiful year here on this blog this 2021, see you all in my next post Xoxo.