Motherhood is nothing short of hard work, from pregnancy to nursing and then daily care and welfare of the kids, it takes a toll on your body and life in general as a woman , this becomes even harder if you are a stay at home mum, which most of us have become since the Corona pandemic.
It gets tough everyday to get around doing stuff, from cooking , cleaning , taking care of the house and of cos the kids, they wont stop calling out for one thing or the other, i bet most mums have grown tired of hearing mummy mummy from their kids 100 times a day if not more.
As mothers we are all passing through this and as such our lives and dreams sort of take a back seat to enable us cater to our kids , the recent pandemic hasn’t even helped at all , as schools are off and kids are home adding to our endless list of chores is now teaching/ home schooling, so it make a lot of sense that we find ways to stay SANE.
As a mum of 3, i cant tell you how many times i have forgotten to take a bath just running around with the kids all day, its become so consuming and some times even when i get into the bathroom i take a few minutes to just cry or spend more time just to be alone , so what are the tips and tricks i have used to not loose my mind?
TIPS AND TRICKS TO KEEP IT TOGETHER
- You need to understand what your daily routine looks like, this will make it possible for you to work around it, how many times do you need to feed, change diapers, clean and all the stuff you do in a day, make a list of them and go through it, see what is top on that list and needs to be prioritized. Once you get a clear picture of what you do everyday and what takes your time then we can move on to the next step
- Start your day by taking a bath, this is so important because you wont realize how much time has gone until its bed time for the kids and you just find out that you didn’t even take a bath all day, starting your day with some self care as little as a bath will help calm you down and be less cranky.
- Prep for all you need to do in a day the day before, i cant stress enough how much of a life saver prepping is, it saves time, it clears up distractions and you are focused, you get things done easily and have time for other things, prep your meals, prep for play time, place diapers on the changing table, replace anything that will be of use for the next day.
- once you have a rough list of how much stuff you actually do in a day you can then try to plan your week by setting goals and schedules for different days. Be as flexible as you can when it comes to these goals knowing that some days might not goal as planned, the reason you are having a list and setting goals is so that you dont just get overly consumed and things look like its too much, but having a structure sort of simplifies the whole process.
- Reward yourself for everyday , sometimes when the kids have gone to bed i open up a cereal i love and just pour in some cold milk, relax and watch TV, i put aside everything or diet for that moment and just reward myself with some good time, this is so important for your mental health
- Release yourself of unnecessary pressure, if its not a must to do then dont, let it be ,do what you must, the house mustn’t be cleaned everyday, just keeping it neat is enough, remember that if you break down things will still move on and you dont what your health to suffer.
- Accept help, it could be letting the kids play with your neighbors or just your partner wanting to do the dishes or cooking, but fear of it wont be done well makes you just say no, please say yes,what is the worst that will happen, the meal might not taste delicious but you got some time off
- Enjoy the ride as much as you can, they are Kids and as such will behave like one, they wont understand certain things at their stage and if you dwell only on the things they do wrong and all your chores you will forget to live in the moment and enjoy these precious times with your little ones, and guess what they grow very fast and you wont want to miss out
Every point listed up there is essential to keeping you sane, i use them everyday and still learn new tricks on the go because there is no manual to motherhood and this is why i set up this Blog to use my daily life as a mum to help and inspire other mums and women , cos we all need a sister, let me know if you found this post helpful , leave me your most helpful tip in the comment section and questions you might have with regards to motherhood, thank you so much for reading and see you all in my next post, Xoxo