Stress is a major cause of depression, heart attack, high blood pressure, stroke and it has even in recent times been linked to certain types of cancer.
As humans we encounter stress in our day to day lives but how it affects us largely depends on how well we manage it.
As housewives, the daily routine of taking care of the family, kids, home and even yourself is more than enough to put your stress level on high, which is very dangerous to your health. It’s important that we don’t allow stress to get to a point where is takes over our lives and causes us to have health issues, as that would in turn affect our families.
The points am going to be sharing now are things that I have tried out as a housewife myself and they have worked for me and also friends of mine, it’s not easy but we can do this!
1) The first thing that you need to do is to outline everything that causes you stress, until you know what triggers you, there won’t be a solution and you will be nowhere close to dealing with it.
So make a list of everything that stresses you out in a day, carefully evaluate your day to day activities and write out all the things from the kids who won’t listen, to that blender that won’t work when you need it to and so on.
2) After you have made a list of all that causes you stress in a day, you can now move to discussing these with your partner.
Sometimes we worry too much about stuff that shouldn’t stress us at all and discussing it is the best way to understanding the situation, because the other person would be able to see the situation clearly because they are not stresses out and this will in turn help you.
3) Ask for help when you need it, as women we are naturally multi Tasker’s, we want to do a million things at the same time with no help, please sisters this will only complicate things for you. It’s not weakness if you ask for help with the laundry, dinner or even the kids; it doesn’t mean you have failed.
You are human and putting too much workload on yourself all at once is the beginning of high blood pressure, so my sisters relax and accept help.
Being a housewife doesn’t mean that you should drown yourself with house chores and be the gate man, lesson teacher, cook e.t.c all at the same time. Delegate certain chores to others so that you can have time to put your best into the things that you can handle.
4) Plan out your day and activities, if you can have a plan as to what you want to do throughout a week, it will go a long way in reducing your stress level.
Plan your cooking into different days, you must not cook all that food in one day, make sure that all you have planned out for a day is all that you can handle conveniently and stick to it, whatever you couldn’t finish should be done the next day so you have time to rest. There is a saying that when you don’t plan you are planning to fail.
Planning is so important, it will help you take things one at a time and make things less complicated for you.
5) Me time is too important for everyone and most especially housewives, you see we put so much of ourselves in to our homes that we actually forget to take care of us.
It is important that you have some me time to yourself once in a while; this will help you relax, rejuvenate and over all be in a better state of mind and health.
Me time is called self care and not selfish, so when you decide to go to the salon and have your nails done or a soothing time at the spa for a facial or massage don’t feel bad because the truth is that you can only give what you have, if you feel great inside you will manifest it in everything you do, but if the reverse is the case, your kids and yourself will always be at the receiving end as you would be stressed out at all times and not function properly.
Whenever things get too demanding for you and your feel like you are at a breaking point, just take a stroll or listen to some good old music, say to yourself that you are awesome, beautiful and you are giving your all which is more than enough.
If you don’t take care of yourself no one will, so please let’s manage stress before it ruins our lives.
Hope this has been helpful to you? Don’t forget to leave me your comments. See you in my next post.