Having kids comes with a lot of responsibility and tolerance, as these kids rely on us to teach them and help them through with everything.
Often times teaching kids how to do basic stuff like brushing their teeth comes with a lot of stress and you have to find easy ways to make them do things without causing you or themselves added stress.
As a mum of two I can tell you that I never looked forward to bath time simply because I have to fight and struggle my way to brushing them, and leaving them to brush on their own means, licking the entire toothpaste and having bad breath. So after going through this a couple of times I had to device easy ways to make this doable and fun at the same time, after all fun is one language that they understand.
So here are my top five ways to make kids love brushing
1) Brush with the kids at the same time, kids don’t learn from what we say instead they learn from what we do, havent you seen your little one trying to replicate chores you do around the house? Like cooking? It’s always fun seeing those moments, anyway the point is the more they see you brushing and enjoying it, they too will get motivated to do it as well.
2) Get them brushes that are very pretty and cute, the whole idea is for brushing to be fun and not chore for them, by giving them tooth brushes that are like their favorite cartoon characters means that they would like the brush and also start using it more. Also try to sing songs that encourage brushing for them while you are helping them out with their teeth.
3) Give them a reward for every time they do well at brushing, it could be a sweet hug, a toy they have been asking for or even some extra meat or fish in their food, and because of this gesture they would want to continue so they can earn more gifts.
4) Educate them through the use of cartoons and kiddies rhymes that teach brushing, let them be aware of the benefits of brushing using the most easily understood methods.
5) Visit the dentist with the whole family, seriously when was the last time you visited a dental clinic, so why not make an appointment for the family and have the kids get first hand information about their teeth, often times things other people tell the kids tend to stick for long, and when they hear from the dentist why they should always brush, you will be shocked that is all you need to do the magic.
So these are the top 5 tips that I have employed for my kids, but you have to also remember that these things take time and that the kids won’t adjust automatically, so please be ready for it to take some time and also take it easy on yourself while at it.
As a mum you are doing your best and also you are the best for your kids, never doubt yourself but always enjoy or try to enjoy the process of growing these kids into adulthood, time flies quickly and you must enjoy the time and space you are in right now.
Thank you guys to reading and leaving your comments always.