Hello my blog readers and friends , ah it’s been a while I posted something here and trust me I haven’t been myself , this blog is just like my baby and if you don’t take care of your baby, who will right?
Anyway if you follow me on Instagram you would know the reason for this delay but if your don’t, (why won’t you be following me sef) I will make an official Blog announcement this week.
Once you become a parent, your entire life changes and you feel an enormous love like never before, which prompts you to want to be and do the best for your kids, you are constantly plagued by thoughts of am I doing enough, am I giving enough and I need to do more, all these could be overwhelming to say the least.
Am no expert but as a mum I go through a daily struggle of all these thoughts and worries , social media isn’t even helping with all the pictures of beautifully looking families and how some people portray their parenting skills ,it puts you under an unconscious pressure and causes you to question yourself if you are doing it right.
These tips am sharing have helped me over the years as experience is the best teacher motherhood isn’t easy and mum guilt can be very dangerous.
5 TIPS TO BE AN EXCELLENT MUM
Firstly I will like to make it clear that, there is no perfect mum anywhere, life itself isn’t perfect, motherhood comes to us all in different ways and with different kinds of responsibilities, some have special need kids, others have tasky jobs that forces them to leave their kids in the care of nannies and others are full-time mum’s that feel the need to do more in life but have sacrificed their career to tend to their families.
No matter the category you fall into, the tips am about to share are meant to boost your confidence in this beautiful journey called Motherhood and help you find peace knowing that you are enough for your kids.
1) The very first tip is to trust your instincts, yes! There is a reason it is called mother’s instincts , you have to trust your guts , believe in yourself enough to put every feeling you have to test , ok see it this way , it’s better to trust your instincts and be wrong than ignore it and be right , the guilt will be too much to bear.
2) You must recognize the need for me-time , as mother’s we invest the whole of us into our kids and home, from putting our bodies through untold stress and discomfort of pregnancy , to the toll daily care for kids take on us and our mental and physical strength , there is a very pressing need to have some me time.
Me time isn’t selfishness , it’s called self care , you need it , you can’t give your best from a hospital bed or when you are sick , if you feel beautiful from inside out ,you will release that same energy to your kids , so take time out to relax , go to the spa , engage in some retail therapy , pedicures ,manicures and salon treatment are just some of the feel good things you can engage in for your personal well being.
3) Another very important tip is to never compare your life, kids or parenting skills to another. In this day of everything social media , it’s very easy to believe that someone else is doing it better than you , handling it better and still looking great , well my sister let me burst your bubble , never ever believe all that you see on social media , 90 percent of it is just make believe for fame , so the next time you want to compare , remember that first of it’s a picture that you are seeing , a picture that could have been selected out of 100 others just to prove a point , also remember that you are more than enough for your family and you are doing all that you need to do.
4) Never forget to pray, remember that you first got these kids from God and that only through him can you get the needed wisdom to cater to your family, whenever you feel depressed or feel like your aren’t doing enough, simply go on your knees and ask God for the peace that passes all understanding from which point you will understand how best to handle things.
5) Please you need to know that there is no tomb that reads she cared for her family so much that she died from it , what am saying with this is , ask for help when you need it, don’t try to be a super woman ,( she doesn’t exist) employ a nanny if you need to , buy takeout meals on days when you can’t cook , let others help you with the house chores , you won’t prove anything by doing it all , the only thing that will happen is you getting stressed out , tired , frustrated and exhausted , which will not bring out the best of you.
To all mother’s out there, we are doing enough, we are stronger than we know and we need to be alive, strong and healthy to care for these kids, we didn’t go through pregnancy just to fail at taking care of our babies.
I hope this post has been helpful to someone and if it has please let me know in the comments section as I always love to read your comments. See you guys in my next post , stay fabulous and healthy mum’s Xoxo.